I wanted to put up a post of my favorite twelve books of 2009. But, despite the fact that I read tons of books, I couldn't actually find twelve favorites that really excited me enough to be considered a favorite. So, instead of just posting my FAVORITE 2009 books, I will include a few that I consider great books and would still recommend people to read (some of these books may not have actually been published in 2009, but I read them in 2009, so they make the list).
1. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
2. Fire by Kristin Cashore
3. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
4. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
5. Need by Carrie Jones
6. Catching Fire by Suzanne Jones
7. Intertwined by Gena Showalter
8. Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater
9. Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater
10. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments book 3) by Cassandra Clare
11. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments book 2) by Cassandra Clare
12. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments book 1) by Cassandra Clare
I've tried my best to put those in order, starting with my favorite. It's a close call between Shiver and Fire. I am in love with both Maggie's and Kristin's writing styles. Simply gorgeous! If you haven't read any of these books in 2009, definitely pick them up for 2010.
And now that I am done reflecting on the books I've read, I think it's time to look ahead. I have come up with a few resolutions that I hope I can stick to in 2010.
1. Write more = finish draft 1 of novel!!
2. Exercise more, lose a little weight (that means actually using the gym membership I'm paying for and probably riding the bike my husband bought for me)
3. Pay off some debt! = decrease stress level
How about you? Any favorite books of 2009 that I didn't mention? Any good resolutions for the new year?
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Have fun and be safe!