Friday, May 8, 2009

Producer or Procrastinator?


I'm the kind of girl who works best under pressure. Give me a deadline and I am going to wait up until just about the last moment to complete the work - because that's when I do my best.
But, when there's no actual pressure, no deadline, am I doing myself more harm than good by continually putting things off? And by things, I mean writing. Of course, the only person that I am "harming" here is me.
So, this brings me to my point...I've decided to officially make writing work. Even though I am not getting paid - yet - it is going to be another job for me. I will give myself deadlines to stick to and hold myself accountable for. Otherwise, I think I could be writing this first story forever! And as much as I love it and my characters, I don't want to be stingy. I want to share it. I can't wait to share it!! Plus, I have others that I want to tell. I've already begun working on another one.
Now, I know better than to have unrealistic expectations of myself. I am going to start small and work my way up to bigger goals. Wish me luck...
How do you work under pressure? What are your tricks to getting it done?
By the way, this lovely picture is the inside of a star nebula. A little inspiration to get going...and reach for the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment